“The healthy skin is beautiful skin”
The skin is an outer reflection of the health of the body and its systems.
Regular use of topical products that preserve, promote and protect healthy skin will lead to a radiant and youthful appearance. Through elimination of skin issues by fighting free radicals and inflammation, increasing cell turnover and collagen production, we achieve skin wellness. Healthy skin naturally glows from the inside, resulting in beautiful skin.
Consumers are often mistaken that if a little of something is good, more is better. This is especially untrue when it comes to treating the skin. Inflammation is the cause of many skin conditions we work to treat. And causing irritation and inflammation in the skin with overly aggressive treatments and products will only worsen, not correct, the situation. Gentle treatment delivers more dramatic and consistent outcomes. If the goal is healthy, beautiful skin, then a low-dose approach is usually the best choice.
The PCA SKIN peels that we work with in our office are not timed, neutralized or removed from the skin. Instead, they are self-neutralizing and are left on the skin, with the exception of the masks, which are removed with moist cotton.
The strength and the depth of the treatment is controlled by the number of layers applied during the treatment.
After peel application, nutritive topical and calming moisturizers with SPF are applied, and the patient leaves with a glowing, healthy complexion. This makes the experience much more relaxed and pleasant for both the clinician and the patient.
PCA SKIN chemical peel solutions consist of well-tolerated, safe and effective peeling ingredients. Alpha hydroxy acids (AHA), beta hydroxy acids (BHA), trichloroacetic acid (TCA) and retinoids are used in strategic combinations to address a wide variety of skin concerns.
These ingredients work to break down surface build-up and loosen the bonds holding the superficial dead cells together. Ancillary ingredients that nourish, strengthen and protect the skin are incorporated into the formulas so the skin is flooded with these beneficial actives during treatment.
When it comes to ensuring dramatic results, the way patients take care of their skin post-treatment is almost as important as the peel formulation itself. The basics of post-procedure recommendations include the following:
- Keep the area clean
- Calm inflammation
- Protect from UV rays
- Keep area hydrated
We dispense the PCA SKIN post-procedure solution after in-office treatments to be certain that the patients use only beneficial products during this post-treatment period and to reinforce the importance of quality daily care products.
PCA Peel modified and enhanced Jessner’s peels
- PCA Peel hydroquinone free provides an effective options for more sensitive skin types, ethnic skin and those with hydroquinone allergies or sensitivities. This treatment will unclog pores, clear acne and rejuvenate the skin. With its blend of brighteners an alpha and beta hydroxy acids, it also is an excellent choice for correcting pigment discolorations and maintaining even pigmentation for those with hydroquinone sensitivities. Key ingredients: Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Kojic Acid, Citric Acid.
- PCA Peel with hydroquinone: this enhanced Jessner’s formula is for those who want an even skin tone and have no sensitivity to hydroquinone. It will help to quickly lighten pigment discolorations of any kind, such as melasma and actinic damage. In addition, this peel helps inhibit active acne and correct post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from acne. Key ingredients: Hydroquinone, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Kojic Acid, Citric Acid.
- PCA Peel with hydroquinone and resorcinol is the most potent of enhanced Jessner’s formulas. This peel will even skin tone and provide more exfoliation for oilier, thicker and more resilient skin types. It is extremely effective on sun-damaged and thickened skin. It is also excellent for those with active or cystic acne and asphyxiated skin (dry on the surface, oily underneath) or those who require deeper treatment. Key ingredients: Hydroquinone, Resorcinol, Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Kojic Acid, Citric Acid.
Trichloroacetic acid (TCA)
- Sensi Peel. This gentle solution is formulated primarily for ethnic skin and other extremely sensitive skin types. It will strengthen and brighten the skin while helping to treat sun damage and other forms of hyperpigmentation. This multifaceted treatment also provides anti-inflammatory, anti-acne and antibacterial action, making it an excellent choice for helping to calm rosacea, as redness and inflammation can subside substantially after treatment. Key ingredients: Lactic Acid, ojic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Arbutin, vitamin C.
- Ultra Peel I is specially formulated to treat dehydrated, maturing skin. It will help treat pigment disorders, fine lines and wrinkles, sun damaged skin and acne. This treatment is especially ideal for sensitive skin, as it produces mild tingling sensation. Overall, the final resultwill be plump, hydrated and luminous skin. Key ingredients: Lactic Acid, TCA, Kojic Acid, Azelaic Acid, vitamin C.
Pumpkin Peel Treatment has simultaneous actions: it exfoliates and draws impurities out of the skin while introducing vitamins and nutrients into the skin. This treatment is also great for smoothing the skin, as the naturally occurring salicylic acid and enzymes in pumpkin remove the dead surface cells that cause rough texture. The skin will have a healthy glow following the treatment. Key ingredients: Pumpkin Wine, Pumpkin Enzymes, Grape Seed and Paprika Extracts, Bisabolol, Willowherb and Willowbark Extracts.
- Ultra Peel II is an advanced hydrating treatment that encourages additional post-treatment exfoliation. It may be used alone or at the end of any other PCA SKIN professional treatment to improve tone and texture. This retinol booster contains the phytohormone which stimulates collagen, hydrates and moisturizes the skin. The retnol content helps increase cell turnover to keep skin looking fresh, while vitamin C strengthens the skin by helping to increase the skin’s collagen and elastin network.
- Esthetique Peel is an excellent treatment that can be used alone or in combination with any other PCA SKIN treatment for smoothing, firming and brightening of all skin types, even extra-sensitive skin, including rosacea and acne Its advanced formulaton of lactic acid and retinol, along with a host of polyphenols, antioxidants, vitamins, humectants and brightening ingredients, improves the texture of the skin, and also helps correct many types of skin discoloration.
- All Facial Peels $90 (price includes aftercare kit)
- Smoothing Body Peels $150-$300 (price depends on body part treated)